Because our S.T.A.R. program is breaking new ground in this area, we are occasionally in the news. Here is a sample of that coverage.
- March, 2016 – Clackamas Women’s Services blogged about our work at their emergency shelter. CLICK here to read it now. Thank you, Maya Edelstein, CWS Development and Communications Coordinator, for your lovely write-up!
- November, 2014 – An article about us was published in the IDEXX Laboratories newsletter, describing our program and explaining why their local branch chose us for the $1000 (!) grant we used to fund our 2014 handler training classes. CLICK here to read it now. Thank you, Daniela Iancu, for your terrific write-up!
- September, 2014 – Animal Community Talks (ACT) posted the video of our February 22, 2014 presentation to their group – an excellent way to get a feel for what we do and why.
- February, 2014 – An article about us appeared in the Winter 2014 Latham Letters, a quarterly magazine published by The Latham Foundation. CLICK here to read it now. The Latham Foundation, founded in 1918, is a clearinghouse for information about Humane issues and activities, the human-companion animal bond (HCAB), animal-assisted therapy, and the connections between child and animal abuse and other forms of violence. We are so proud that they chose to include us!
- Saturday, August 10, 2013 – Many thanks to Monique Balas for her excellent article about our program in The Oregonian! CLICK HERE to read it now…
- Spring 2013 – We are proud to say that the Washington Co. Vision Action Network awarded our Animal Protection Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) the 2013 Cameron Award for Outstanding Community Collaboration!
- CLICK HERE to read more about the MDT
- CLICK HERE to watch the short video created for the award ceremony (you’ll spot us toward the end).